Monday, July 30, 2012

Tinapa Fried Rice

I still have no FBS report yet.  When the weather is better, Hermie will trek to Bambang to get my medical supplies.

I was researching online the whole day for a recipe of Tinapa Fried Rice.  I found several sites and just combined the recipes.  I did not realize deboning the tinapa was so back breaking!  I used the smoked fish I bought in Bataan a few months ago which I just put in the freezer.  Next time, I better use Boneless Tinapang Bangus.

The result though of my fried rice was wonderful!  Sophia actually had 2 cups of fried rice.  She said it was her first time to eat tinapa.  She did not eat it with the red eggs because she is allergic. Never mind all the hard work I put into it.  I would gladly cook it again.  Maybe next time I will eat it with something cooked in coconut milk.

Tinapa Fried Rice



6 C. cold cooked rice
350 g. tinapa (will yield about 1 - 1 1/2 C. flaked tinapa)
1/4 C. cooking oil
half a head garlic, chopped finely - not crushed
1/2 t. rock salt
1 t. rock salt
2 eggs, beaten
2 reg eggs, cubed
2 tomatoes, cut into squares
1 red onion, chopped
wansuy (for added flavor and color)

Fry the tinapa and flake the fish.  Set aside.

Brown the garlic in oil over low heat.  Add the flaked tinapa and continue cooking over low heat until golden brown in color. Season with 1/2 t. rock salt. Transfer to a plate and remove the visible fish bones.

Return the flaked tinapa to the wok and add the rice.  Do not stop tossing and mixing the rice and add 1 t. rock salt.  Make a well in the center and pour the beaten eggs, when it sets slightly, toss the rice again and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes more.

Transfer onto a serving plate, top with the red eggs, tomatoes, onions and wansuy.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

4 oz. Full cream milk



Beef Torta - it was supposed to be an omelette but it turned out into scrambled eggs! :((  It actually looked like Wriggly's barf!!!!  I have yet to perfect the art of cooking eggs.



Lunch:

1/2 C. rice
Soyless Stir-fried Vegetables with Beef



Snack:

2 pcs. Saba Banana que
few pieces of cashews
Adobo peanuts

Dinner:

Tinapa Fried Rice
Patola Soup
Chicken Adobo
Hot Chocolate

Uh oh! I think I ate a lot today!  And I have no way of checking my sugar tomorrow!  I reviewed my food diary and there is no wheat in.  Just hoping my food will not cause a spike in my glucose reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment