Sunday, July 8, 2012

Identify the Culprit

FBS report: 121

I knew my FBS reading this morning would be higher than 100 because of the double celebration yesterday.  I now have very LOW standards!  It has to be 90 or lower.  But Mariger said not to beat myself up because it was not that high, compared to the FBS  of 250 up to 397 last May and April.

I would like to identify the culprit for making my blood sugar spike.

I know my breakfast and lunch were wheat-free yesterday but the food last night had traces of wheat.

Kare-Kare:

Knorr Beef cubes which contain MSG and tapioca starch.
Ground toasted rice = rice starch.
Ground roasted nuts, kind of confusing because under the list, it says peanuts can be consumed in UNLIMITED quantities but peanuts are legumes which belong in the Consume in Limited Quantities.

Pork Barbecue:

Soy sauce, which is made of 50% wheat.
MSG, maybe? which has wheat.
Ketchup is under the list, Consume rarely or never.

Barrio Fiesta Bagoong

MSG

So, I am assuming, those food were the culprit why my sugar went over 100.

Today was wheat-free, I hope.  I did not even receive communion.  The problem with wheat is, if I get to taste even a minute particle of it, it will make me eat and eat and crave for more food, because as I have repeatedly shared, wheat is an appetite stimulant.  So, I just prayed several Our Fathers instead of receiving Holy Communion.

I made Ceasar Salad Dressing from scratch because I wanted to control what ingredients to use, to make sure it was wheat-free. Plus I like my dressing, pourable.

Ceasar Salad Dressing - 1 serving



1 egg yolk
1/8 t. mustard
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 T. olive oil
1-2 t. lemon juice
1 fillet of anchovies

Add the garlic and mustard to the egg yolk, beat slowly.
Add the oil little by little and continue beating but not too fast.
Then, pour the lemon juice, beat again.
Mash the anchovy fillet into the dressing.

I am hoping for a normal FBS tomorrow.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

Mushroom and Cheese 2-egg omelette

Lunch:

Bicol express
Leftover Bagoong fried rice

Snack:

Almonds and cashews with skin (good for diabetics)

Dinner:

Salad Greens with Ceasar Salad dressing and parmesan cheese.
Beef steak.



No comments:

Post a Comment