Friday, September 10, 2010

Honey Pear and Brie Salad

I was running out of salad ideas this afternoon. I was getting "bored" and couldn't think of anything to make for my dinner... my mind was totally blank... I didn't want to do a repeat ... my goal is 2 weeks with new recipes every night.

So after attending mass in Rockwell, I went to National Bookstore to look at recipe books. Thank goodness I found a simple salad recipe and dressing! It was Pear and Brie Salad with Lemon and Sherry dressing.

I improvised a little .... went to Rustan's supermarket and bought 1 pc. Honey Pear, Sunsweet Butter Lettuce, Ybarra Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Borges Cava Wine Vinegar. I got the Brie from Santi's.

It was such an easy recipe... the dressing was very light ... and really delicious!

Pear and Brie Salad






50 grams Butter Lettuce


1 pc. Honey Pear


1 oz. Brie


1 oz. Pecan, chopped



Dressing


1 t. lemon juice

1 t. Cava Wine Vinegar

1 t. sugar

1 T. Ybarra Extra Virgin Olive Oil



Combine all the ingredients for the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment