Saturday, August 6, 2011

Glazed Sweet Potatoes

Ate's request for today's lunch was Chicken Curry with all the condiments.  I figured, the best side dish for it was Glazed Sweet Potatoes.  I looked at my Grandma's 1950's American cookbook and found a very simple recipe.

Glazed Sweet Potatoes



1 k. sweet potatoes, preferably yellow-orange in color, peeled, boiled and cut into thick strips
1 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. water
3 T. butter

Mix the water and brown sugar in a bowl.  Dip the sweet potato strips in the brown sugar solution.  Lay on an oven proof casserole dish.  Pour the remaining sugar/water.

Dot with butter.



Bake at 400 F until syrup is thick, about 20-30 minutes.  Baste the sweet potatoes every once in a while.

YUM!!!  Beats the "Minatamis na Kamote" any time.  It was sweet and so buttery!

Perfect with the Chicken Curry with the condiments.http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/06/chicken-curry-with-condiments.html





Hermie grilled the pork belly  http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/09/thai-lunch-with-friends.html for the kids and for my brother in law, he does not eat Chicken Curry.



My Ate said, they love this recipe of grilled belly the best.

Sotanghon soup for everybody.



As usual, we all enjoyed our lunch!  I was so tired and stuffed to the gills I slept for a while when my family left.  But still ...  I always look forward to our Saturday get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment