Saturday, October 17, 2015

Feed My World

Everybody knows I love to cook.

I cook because I love to eat and also because I love to feed my friends and other people.

When I go to the supermarket and see something I know my friends or family would like, I would buy it then give them a call so they can come over.

I bought pata slices the other day because I know Mona and Tricia like Paksiw na Pata.

I asked the Junkies to join me for a quick lunch.

We were in a hurry because it was KST graduation last Wednesday. I wanted to let them try the Binagoongan Baboy as well.

Later in the evening, we had the Korean Grilled Bacon slices.

The next day, I invited FGM Cindy and Vinnie.

Cindy's favorite is the Vietnamese Pho Ga ( chicken noodle soup).

I experimented with Grilled Lemongrass Porkchop because I bought a new mini outdoor grill.

Vinnie brought Asian Salad.

FGM asked me what I wanted for dessert. What is my favorite dessert?!?!

Ice Cream!!!!!

She got us Arce Dairy Coffee Crumble.

FGM also asked her cusinera to cook the Cebu Chorizo I gave her.

I do not know how to cook longanisa. Mine turned out burnt on the outside but still raw inside.

Sometimes I also "feed" other people by way of cooking their food orders. Yesterday was a busy day for me.

Callos

Paella

Baked Shrimps

Beef Kalitiran Lengua Style

1.5 K. Beef Kalitiran

1/4 C. Soysauce

2 pcs. Bayleaves

10 pcs. Peppercorn

4 C. Water

1/2 C. Butter

1 big white onion, chopped finely

1 can Jolly Cream of Mushroom

1 C. Whole button mushroom, cut in half

1/2 t. Salt

1/2 t. Freshly cracked black pepper

1 t. Sugar

Put the beef, soysauce, peppercorn, bayleaves and water in a pot or slow cooker and simmer for 3-4 hours or until tender.

Let it cool, put in the freezer for about an hour so you can slice thinly (1/4 -1/2 inch). Set aside the stock.

Melt butter in a wok. Saute the onions until transparent.

Add the beef slices.

Dilute the mushroom soup in the beef stock and add to the wok.

When it starts to boil, add the salt, pepper and sugar.

Add the button mushrooms in the last 5 minutes of cooking.

And today, Mariger and King visited me.

I just baked brownies with Rollo chocolates.

My friend Cris taught me a new way of making chicken sandwich filling.

Cris B's Chicken Sandwich Filling

1/2 K. Chicken breast

220 ml. Bestfood Mayonaise

1/2 white onion, chopped finely

1/2 C. Pickle relish, drained

1 t. Salt

1 T. Cooking oil

1/2 t. White pepper

Asparagus, fresh or canned

Boil the chicken for 25 minutes without salt, flake and set aside.

Heat the oil in a frying pan. Saute the onion slightly then add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.

Make sure the onion is still crunchy. Let it cool.

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.

Spread on Gardenia bread with crust removed and add blanched asparagus spears.

Hahahahaha The wheat free diet was put on the shelf temporarily because I really love the sandwich filling.

One of the sources of my happiness is feeding the people in my world.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. All that food is making me hungry :-) ~~~ Brent's mom

    ReplyDelete