Friday, April 13, 2018

Tokwa't Baboy And Arroz Caldo

I do not have a lot of stories to share.  Life has been boring lately.

Why?!?!?

Because I am on a "diet".  A change of eating lifestyle, so to speak.

A combination of intermittent fasting and wheat free.

Intermittent fasting is when you only eat for 8 hours and fast for 16 hours.

I have to wake up at 12 noon so I can eat between 12 to 8 pm.  Doable but I already miss half of the day.  I do not feel hungry when I am asleep.

I am also doing wheat free but not really the strict version because I still eat rice, corn, potato, etc and use soy sauce for cooking,

So.... what's to write about?!?!?!?! Hahahaha!

I have a very good recipe for Tokwa't Baboy Sauce.  My friends loved it!  They were literally drinking it!

Tokwa't Baboy



Deep fried firm tokwa, cut into cubes.
Boiled pork cut into cubes

Sauce

1/4 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. Coconut premium soy sauce
3/4 C. Surebuy cane vinegar
1/2 C. pork broth
red onions, cut into rings
green sili for sinigang, sliced diagonally
black pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients for the sauce.
Put the fried tokwa and pork squares on a serving plate.
Serve the sauce on the side.

I was chatting with Lisa a few nights ago.

Lia: My stomach feels cold.

Lisa: Use a blanket!

Lia:  No, Lisa! My stomach feels cold and empty!

So I decided to cook Arroz Caldo the other night to ease the "emptiness" in my stomach.

Arroz Caldo


1/2 K. chicken thighs, chopped into small pieces
skin and fat of the chicken thighs, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 inch cube of ginger, cut into strips
2 pcs. Knorr chicken cube
1 C. malagkit rice
8 C. water
black pepper and patis to taste
toasted garlic, spring onions and sliced boiled eggs for toppings

Render oil from the chicken skin and fat.

Use the oil to saute the garlic, onions and ginger.

Add the chicken cubes then the chicken. Continue sauteing until the chicken is not bloody anymore.

Add the malgkit rice.  Do not rinse anymore. I bought mine from the supermarket.

Lastly, add the water.  Let it boil then lower heat and simmer for 1 hour stirring occassionally because it will stick to the bottom of the pan.

Serve with toasted garlic, spring onions, eggs and calamansi.

Hahahaha... so now when I am feeling hungry, I always say: My stomach feels cold and empty!

1 comment:

  1. If you're on the lookout for an inexpensive alternative, take a look at the discount stores. An individual can therefore see that a blender has an assortment of uses in contrast to a juicer. Here Are Easy Smoothie Recipes To Gain Nutrition In A Hurry

    ReplyDelete