Saturday, May 18, 2019

Bangkok With Jing And Family

I went to Bangkok with Jing and family (Sherman, James and Michael) recently.



We stayed in Tita Jit's guest house.  Jing is the blood relative of Tita J.

Since I am Jing's sister from another Mom and Dad, that makes me a relative of Tita also!


Hahahaha Do you get my logic?!

Whenever I get a chance I always buy siopao from VinVin.  I took a PAL flight out of Manila. There is a kiosk in Terminal 2.


I know it is really hot in Bangkok because it is near the equator but I was not prepared for the heat.  I was in the airport lining up at the immigration and I felt that I looked like a drowned cat!


Init!!!!

Jing, Tita Jit and Ryan picked me up from the airport.  We passed by our favorite "batok" place and bought food to take home since I haven't eaten yet.  Airplane food is not considered a meal.

There was grilled batok ng baboy.


Sweet corn som tum!  My new favorite!!!


Love it! Love it! Love it!

Papaya som tum


Fried rice with Chinese sausage


Fresh fruits were waiting for us, chico and mangosteen.


The next day, Jing and I accompanied Tita for her scheduled shot at the hospital.


I love going there because beside it is a food market!





After the quick hospital errand, we all went to the province to eat at Huen Lumphun, an Isaan (Northern Thai) restaurant.


Vegetable "sticks" for appetizers.


Assorted Fruit Som Tum


Pork Laab


Another kind of appetizer with sausages


Glass Noodle Salad


Laab with Ant Larvae


Shrimp Cakes!


My favorite!!!!

Leafy soup - my least favorite.


Bamboo Shoots Laab


Fried Chicken!


I'm happy to share my version of Thai Fried Chicken.

New (because I have an older recipe) Thai Fried Chicken

1 K. wings
1 t. rock salt
1 t. black peppercorn, crushed
3 wansuy roots, cleaned and pounded
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 T. Seasoning sauce, you can substitute Knorr
1 T. Thai fish sauce
4 T. rice flour
4 T. water

Combine all ingredients in a bowl then deep fry the chicken.  No need to marinate.

After lunch, we went to a market in Phutta Monthon.  I bought some toys for Snowball.


Hmph... she did not like the pink squeaky chicken I got her!


Have I mentioned it was very hot in Bangkok?  Shey said that I looked slimmer in the picture!


That is because I lost so much sweat ( HAHA not weight)  It was really so hot!!!  38-39C hot!  It was like being in the oven while we were in the market.

Then we were dropped off at Icon Siam.


One of the newest malls in Bangkok by the Chao Phraya River.


Every time I go to Bangkok, there is one food or drink that I eat/drink everyday.  For this trip, my obsession was Brown Sugar Milk tea.

I tried the Black Sugar Milk Tea from Brix.




Icon Siam has a lot of brand name stores.












On our way back to Tita J's house, we rode the free Icon Siam shuttle boat and got down at the opposite bank of the river.




It was a short ride.

We went to Robinsons in Bangrak and I bought a small blue electric fan.


I bought a pink one several years ago for PD and she said that it is a very good kind, so I got myself my own fan.

We rode the Grab Party van on our way back to the guest house.



The next day was IKEA day!


I bought a few kitchen stuff and another pasalubong for Snowball.  A stuffed soccer ball.  I got a big one so I don't need to fish it our from underneath beds and cabinets.

We had lunch at S & P.

Ceasar Salad


Crab Fried Rice


Fried Chicken


Green Chicken Curry


Pad Thai


I had the Brown Sugar Milk from Koi at Mega Bagna where Ikea is located.


Then Tita dropped us off at MBK to buy souvenir stuff , etc.

I saw Tita Ope and some of the ladies from Bel-Air 2 who happen to be in Bangkok, as well!


It was just like bumping into each other in Powerplant Mall.

The itinerary the next day was Central World and Platinum.  We decided to go on our own separate ways and met up with each other in Platinum.

I had the Chocolate Magma Lava from Kamutea!


I wanted to try it a few visits ago but I was not able to do so.

EWWWW It had crushed cookies!  I don't like oreo and 1/4 of the cup was filled with cookies!!!

I ate my favorite Crispy Oyster Omelette after trying the horrible drink.


I read that Tiger Sugar recently opened in Bangkok at the Market.


It was my chance to try the Brown Sugar Milk Drink!


I was supposed to go to Siam Paragon to buy treats and dental sticks for Snowball but I opted to line up at Tiger sugar instead.

It took me 45 minutes to line up!  I did not mind because the reward was far greater than the effort to queue.

TADA!


Brown Sugar Milk with Boba Pearls and Cream Mouse!!!

Dinner was at Bei Otto, a German restaurant, bar and deli in the Sukhumvit area.


Liver Sausage


Assorted sausage platter


Crispy Pork Knuckle


Roast Chicken


Chowder


Chocolate Sundae


After dinner, Jing and I went to Ratchada Night Market.


It was evening already and yet it was still very hot.


I had to buy a drink.


Fried Crickets!


Jing ate a stick of Crocodile meat bbq.  She said it tastes like pork bbq but chewier.


On my last day, Jing, Ryan and I went to Sampeng Market to buy a few things and to have brunch at HKG Noodles.



I really loved their Taro Puffs!


And their version of Bola Bola siopao.


We also had Siomai and Hakaw


BBQ rice rolls


Asado siopao


Dry Duck mami.


They brought me to the airport and as always, I looked like a "byahera" from the province!


One time I rode a Grab car from the airport and the driver asked me from which province did I come from.

The night before while I was packing my things Jing posted this photo:


She said she was trying to get to her bed but did not know how to go about it. Her bed is on the right.  Guess which one is mine????

Madam is in the house! Hahahaha.

A private joke but maybe not so private anymore because I am sure most people already know how messy I am.

That concludes my holiday with Jing and family!


Thanks Tita J, Ryan, Sherman, Jing, James and Michael for our memorable vacation in Bangkok!







2 comments:

  1. Hi Lia,

    I'd like to ask for some tips/recos from you. I'm travelling alone to BKK on July and I'd like to ask how I can travel from Suvarnabhumi airport to Asok station area. I'll be arriving late at night, so I'd like to have my options ready. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! You can take a Grab from the airport, taxi or private car transfer by KLOOK. Also, there is a train from the airport to the city and just check for the operating hours and train stops.

      Delete