Sunday, May 19, 2019

Baguio Date With Sophie

Sophie and I had a date in Baguio before she starts school in La Sallle next week.  I could call it our annual Sophie and Tita date.


We rode the Genesis Joy Premiere Bus.





It took exactly 4 hours from Cubao terminal up to Baguio via SCTEX, TPLEX then Marcos Highway.

I fell asleep in the bus and when I woke up we were in Baguio already.

We checked in at City Center Hotel on Lower Session Road.  It is across Jollibee and just a few buildings away from the market.



Our first meal was in Canto on Kisad Road.

We each had an order of Lomo Ribs - half slab and Strawberry Slush.



The serving was huge, I was not able to eat all of it.

We went to SM.  That probably took an hour only.  Then we went back to the hotel to rest.

There's nothing much to do in Baguio except eat and lay in bed.  We have seen the sights the city has to offer years ago.

While Sophie was resting, I went out and ate at Luisa's Cafe.

I had the Bola Bola Siopao.


I really love the buns!  The dough was soft and sweet and when you dip it in the equally sweet sauce, Wow!  I don't need the filling, the bun was enough for me.

I regret that I did not buy to bring home to Manila.

Siomai


Beef Wanton Mami with Vegetables


I probably have a salty palate but I feel the broth would have been better if you add pepper, patis, soy sauce and sweet sauce!  Hahaha Read between the lines.

But that's just me.

We had dinner at Vizco's.


I was still full from my late merienda.

Sophie ordered the Beef with Mushrooms.


I had 2 slices of cakes.

Strawberry Shortcake


Ube Cake


My traveling companion is not an early riser so I ate her breakfast the next day.

I had the "Continental" set with Hotdog and egg.  Hihihi I suppose they call it Continental because it was served with toasts.


Then I had Sophie's breakfast which was the French toasts with cream, peaches and candied walnuts.


Lunch was at Secret Garden on South Drive.  Pine trees!  I could smell them!


We ordered Pizza, half was 4 cheese and the other half was for me, Quatro Stagnioni.


I do not like cheese that much but Sophie loves it.

Dessert was at Filling Station in Camp John Hay.  I had the Strawberry Cobbler.


We wanted to have dinner at Oh Mai Khan but it was a rainy Friday evening and we could not get a cab.  So, instead, we had dinner again in Vizco's.

Sophie had the Parmesan crusted fish


and Calamares.


I only ordered the Catfish Salad.


Why? Because I plan to order Pancit Sotanghon Canton from Solibao for take out.


It was a quick trip.  The next day I  had  Bangus with scrambled egg for breakfast.


My partner was still sleeping

When she woke up, we had lunch at Canto again.  She really liked the Lomo Ribs, she ordered it for the 2nd time.


 I  had mashed potatoes because breakfast was just a couple of hours ago.  They make good mashed potatoes in Canto.

Then it was time to go home.  We left at 3 and arrived in Manila at 8 pm.  There was no traffic but upon reaching EDSA Trinoma area, there was a slight build up because of the bus terminals.

We will probably have a date again next year!

I know Sophie had fun because she wanted to go back to Baguio again, this time with her family.  She said she knows her way around and she can be their guide.

Until the next time, Soph!

No comments:

Post a Comment