Monday, August 20, 2012

Crabs with Butter Garlic Vinegar Sauce

FBS:
Yesterday: 66
Today: 54

Ohhhh still low :( I have to decrease my insulin again tonight.  I remember Dr. Wassmer told me I can decrease by 7 units if the FBS reading is lower than 70.  It really boggles the mind, I have been celebrating my birthday for several days now and I have been eating party food and yet my glucose level did not go up. 

So..... if my sugar is low... it means I can eat what I want!

I was reading the blog of Dr. Davis, Wheatbelly and he replied to one of his readers,
"Dr. Davis says:
August 16, 2012 at 7:31 am

Eat lots more fats, Helena: coconut oil, olive oil, raw nuts, the skin on chicken, the fat on pork and beef, and (organic) butter."

Mona immediately said she likes my Dr. Davis!  I had to tell her, only if you go wheat free can you eat lots and lots of fat.  Do you think Dr. Davis was talking about the fat of the crab?

I went to Dampa on Macapagal Ave. to buy male crabs at Lillian's for my Kuya, BORING!!!

My crabs were more exciting!!!!



Lots and lots and lots of FAT!!!!

I then made a sauce I adapted from Mona.

Butter Garlic Vinegar Sauce (for 2 crabs)

garlic, minced finely
1 T. olive oil
2 T. butter
tuba vinegar (the sister of Yaya Hermie gave me a gallon from the province! yummmm!!!)
fish sauce
sugar

Heat the olive oil, add the butter and then the garlic.  When the garlic turns brown, transfer the contents of the pan into a bowl, add the vinegar and fish sauce. Season with sugar according to your taste.



Pour the sauce over the steamed crabs.




After buying the crabs, I went to Hong Kong Chef in H.K. Sun Plaza across Dampa.  I remembered they have JUMBO Asado Taro Puff there.

Look how big and "nesty?"!



Hahahaha For lack of a better word to describe the flaky bird's nest coating of the taro puff.

It was so filling I only ate 2 pieces.



I also tried the Sio mai...   so tiny in contrast with the Taro Puff but I know the dim sum was prepared only upon order.





My breakfast was so delicious!  I made Roast Chicken and Monterey Jack Cheddar Cheese Quesadillas yesterday, I loved it but I cannot eat the flour tortilla.

Instead, I made Roast Chicken and Mild Cheddar Cheese Omelette with pico de gallo and cilantro leaves!!!



Delicious!!!!  Perfect! YUM!  hahahaha  OK .... maybe I am the only one who is saying it is delicious.  My mom used to scold me that I should not say "Delicious" whenever I am eating something I cooked.

But I cannot help myself ... it comes out automatically, "SARAP!" when I eat my own cooking.  We all have our own tastes and likes in terms of food, maybe what is good to me may not be good to some but more often than not .... my friends and family would affirm what I think about my cooking.  I also made one for Tita Portia and she called me to say it was very good.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

2 eggs, Roast Chicken and Mild Cheddar Cheese Omelette

Lunch:

2 pcs. Asado Taro Puff
4 pcs. tiny sio mai

Snack:

Hot Fudge Sundae from Mc Donald's
Twister Fries
(I'm trying to bring up my FBS.)

Dinner:

Steamed Crabs with Butter Garlic Vinegar Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment