Friday, March 9, 2018

Shrimp In Mango Sauce

I recently ordered Shrimps in Mango Sauce in Boracay last week and I promised some friends I am going to experiemnt so I can share the recipe.


Boracay's version

Shrimps in Mango Sauce

Lia's version

1/4 K. shrimps, steamed

Mango Sauce:

1/2 C. Mango puree (put the cubed mangoes in a blender and pulse for a few seconds)
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. msg
1/4 t. white pepper
1 t. fish sauce
1 t. sugar

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small white onion, sliced
40 gr. Spring margarine

green onions for garnishing

Melt the margarine in a pan then saute the garlic and onions until wilted. 

Add the mango sauce into the pan and cook until the sauce is thick.

Arrange the shrimps on a platter and pour the mango sauce on top.

Garnish with spring onions.

I have always wondered what kind of butter or margarine they use in Dampa paluto restaurants.  I already tried butter and supermarket bought margarine like Daricreme and I still could not get the taste that I want.

I just discovered that they use Spring Margarine which you can buy in Guadalupe market.


So, if you want to get the after taste of dampa butter garlic shrimps, I suggest you use Spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment