Friday, April 4, 2014

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

I promised my Junkie Friends that I would bake Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls for them.

I have not baked it in years! I just wanted to make sure that I still have the skill and have not forgotten how to make homemade Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls. I got the recipe online several years ago.

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

1 T. Instant yeast

1/2 C. Water

1/2 t. Sugar

Combine all the ingredients in a cup for 5 minutes.

1/2 C. Warmed milk

1/3 C. Sugar

1/3 C. Melted butter

1 t. Salt

1 egg slightly beaten

In a bowl mix milk, sugar, butter, salt and egg. Stir well then add to the yeast mixture.

3 1/2 C. All purpose flour

Add half of flour and beat until smooth. Stir in the rest of the flour. Knead by mixer for 5 minutes. Place in buttered bowl. Cover, let it rise for 30-45 minutes. Punch down and let it rest for 5 minutes. Roll out into 20x30 (inches) rectangle.

Filling

1/4 C. Softened butter

1 C. Brown sugar

1 1/2 T. Cinnamon

Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.

Spread butter on the dough but leave an inch unbuttered along the edge of the longer ( x30) side to seal the roll.

Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar evenly on the buttered dough. Starting on the other end of the (x30) side of the rectangle, roll it tightly and pinch the edges to seal.

Using a dough cutter or sharp (not serrated) knife, slice into 2 inch portions.

Put into a 9 x 13 pan lined with grease proof paper.

Cover with cling wrap and let it rise for 30 minutes.

Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.

Spread the glaze on top as soon as it comes out of the oven.

Glaze

1/4 C. Melted unsalted butter

2 T. Cream cheese

1 C. Powdered sugar, sifted

2-4 T. Milk

Beat the cream cheese and butter together in a bowl. Add the powdered sugar 1/4 C at a time. If the frosting is too thick you can use milk to thin it.

I also let them taste my spaghetti sauce experiment.

Tricia brought Carne Asada Fries!

I had a plateful of the fries!

They said they liked the Cinnabon Rolls! Next week, I plan to experiment with something else. I have the Porto's Cheese Roll in mind.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey some stole your cinnamon roll picture. Check FB, Zena Colleen Tarrosa.

    ReplyDelete