Sunday, March 13, 2011

How to eat Mayette's Adobo

We had our usual Saturday lunch again with my family.  I cooked Mayette's Adobo




so I could let my Ate taste it.  Mayette taught me how to eat her Adobo .... with really hot white rice.... steamed shrimps ... tomatoes with wansoy....  oil drippings on rice and...... you have to eat with your hands!!!!!



Tita Portia, Ate and I had the "Mayette" menu.  I also cooked a very simple vegetable dish.



Ginisang Sitaw at Kalabasa



1 bundle sitaw, cut into 2 inch length
kalabasa, sliced thinly then cut into squares
garlic, crushed
onions, sliced
1/2 C. water
1 T. Magic Sarap

Saute garlic and onions in hot oil.  Add the sitaw and kalabasa... then the water and Magic Sarap.  Cook over high heat until vegetables are crisp tender.

Sprite Shrimps



1/2 K. shrimps
1 t. rock salt
1/4 C. Sprite
1/4 C. water
1 T. oil

Boil shrimps in Sprite, water and salt.  As soon as the color changes, drain and add the oil... toss for a few seconds over high heat.

The kids and Butch had a different menu...



Fried Chicken wings, gravy and mashed potatoes - Sophie's request.  She was so surprised I cooked her favorite because most of the time I always prepare Gilly's Nilagang Baka.

I would rather have a variety of food in small servings than big servings but with few choices.  I really, really love Mayette's Adobo .... in fact .. I'm going to cook it again this Wednesday when my friends and I have another garage sale!!!   Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. HHHmmmnnn! I will try that Sprite Shrimp. May 1 pound ako dito ng hipon, hindi ko alam ang gagawin kong luto. I'll prepare it with kamatis and cilantro. Nagugutom ako! :-)

    ReplyDelete