Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Day with my Friends

There are only two SALEs that my friends and I  look forward to every year.  The CEPZA Trade Fair and the Rustans Marketing yearly sale.  Jing, Celine and I went to Urban building this morning.

I was able to buy some hair products.  I got 2 bottles of Schwarzkopf 425F Heat Protect, gloss finish Blow Out Lotion and a hair moisturizing product.  My friends got make-up: foundation, face primers, etc.  There were perfumes, colognes, SPANX, Tefal, Rowenta and a few more items.

We did not eat out  anymore and I just cooked for them.  I made .....

Sinigang na Sugpo



500 g. small sized prawns
4 C. water
2 pcs. tomatoes, cut into quarters
1 onion, sliced
1 radish, sliced
1 eggplant, sliced
2 green chili
1 small pack Knorr Sinigang mix
1 bundle kangkong, leaves only

Boil water with tomatoes and onions.

Then add the radish, eggplant and sinigang mix.

When the vegetables are crisp tender, add the green chili and prawns.  Cook until the color of the prawns changes. Do NOT overcook.

Scoop out all the vegetables and prawns into a serving bowl.

When the stock is boiling, add the kangkong leaves, cover and cook for EXACTLY one minute only.  Remove the cover and pour the soup into the serving bowl.

YUMMMMM delicious!!!  And the vegetables so crisp tender! Not mushy.

I cooked pork chop steak...



 http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/05/home-cooked-food.html and they loved the fact that it was very tender and the caramelized onions made the sauce very tasty.

Celine bought Chopchae in Wang Mart, Polaris St. Bel-Air, a small Korean grocery.



It was just a simple lunch but very easy to cook.  We finished everything and were very contented like 3 little pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment