Friday, September 3, 2010

Japanese Kani and Mango Salad

Japanese Kani and Mango Salad....Another salad I enjoyed and didn't have a hard time eating. Mona is my house guest for the weekend. I told her I don't eat at night except salad but I made her a club sandwich, well... half a sandwich hehehe because I ate the other half and she made her own BLT.


I also prepared a small plate of salad for her. She liked my Japanese Salad very much!!!! As usual, I surfed the net for a good and simple Japanese dressing and came up with my own version. I don't like the creamy mayo based dressing, so I opted for the one you can pour or perhaps even use a spritzer.


I had a BIG plate and not a bite left.


Japanese Kani and Mango Salad - 1 serving


50 grams Green Lollo lettuce

mango, cubed

4 pieces kani sticks

cucumber, shredded


Dressing (I only used 1 T. of the dressing and kept the rest in the chiller.)


1 T. Kikkoman soy sauce

2 T. Del Monte Cane vinegar

1 t. sugar

few dashes of sesame oil


So far, so good! I have been surviving my Salad only for dinner menu! I just realized, I like my home made dressings better than the Kraft store bought ones. There are still a lot of ways I can trim and dress my greens. So, it is exciting for me to discover and experiment. I wonder what I am going to make tomorrow night?

No comments:

Post a Comment