Friday, August 8, 2014

Korean Birthday Dinner with my Beach Buddies!

Happy Birthday Everyday, Lia!

I prepared a Korean dinner for my Beach Buddies: Cristina, Jodie, Miko and Mona.

Wang Mart grocery on Polaris St., Bel-Air is a good place to get all your Korean ingredients.

Soysauce

Dangmyun Noodles (sweet potato noodles for Jap Chae)

Ssamjang, Gochujang and Sesame Oil.

My favorite Barley tea!

But my guests did not like it. They said it tasted like "gulaman at sago" without sugar.

Korean Rice, they mixed a little malagkit rice with the Korean rice, 2:1 ratio (more or less). They said the rice was very good.

The menu for tonight:

Samgyeopsal

Korean Fried Chicken. (McCormick Korean Soy Garlic)

Jap Chae (recipe from koreanbapsang.com)

Kimchi

Stir-fried Vegetables

Galbi Jjim (Korean Beef Stew)

2 K. Short ribs, cut 2 inches

2 C. Water

2 T. Rice wine

2 T. Minced garlic

10 T. Korean soysauce

Put all the ingredients in a heavy pot and boil until fork tender, about 3 hours. Add more water if needed.

Add:

5 T. Sugar

1 t. Chili powder or Gochujang

1 T. Sesame oil

2 1/2 T. Toasted sesame seeds

Boil for 1 more hour. Adjust seasoning according to your taste.

Garnish with chopped leeks or spring onions.

We absolutely loved the Korean beef stew!

Thank you, Tricia L. for the recipe!

Our dessert:

Lychee Salad

Dumaguete's Sylvanas from the patient of Dra. Cristina.

And Purple Oven's Chocolate Cake from Cristina, Jodie and Miko! My favorite!

I love opening presents!

I got a mono pad from Jodie! With a bluetooth remote!!!!

Cristina gave me Beats portable speaker!

Cristina also made loomband key chains for everybody!

I love my friends!

We are always planning our upcoming adventures and we love going to the beach!

We already went to Boracay and Nasugbu.

It was a pleasure to plan and cook the Korean dinner for you, my beach buddies

Thank you so much for celebrating my Birthmonth with me!

!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment