Thursday, April 24, 2014

Adobong Baboy sa Asin

My Junkie neighbors and I have a private group in FB wherein we share all the recipes we like online.

There is this Adobong Baboy sa Asin that I have been wanting to experiment with for a long time.

Good thing the Junkies, Trica, Cat and Shey, were able to have lunch with me today.

Tricia brought the Radish Salad with Dilis.

I asked Cat to bring fresh fruits.

And Shey was in charge of our Starbucks coffee fix!

The new recipe is similar to Mayette's Adobo but it has 1 more tablespoon of vinegar and bay leaves. The cooking procedure was totally different.

I had to brown the Liempo in its own fat first, then simmered in the pressure cooker and transferred into a Teflon pan. The sauce was reduced until the oil has been rendered and no more braising liquid left.

Ohhhh Mayette!!! Look at the way your "baby sis" eats her Adobo! Labay Mantika!

The color of the meat depends on the way you brown it prior to simmering.

So if you want a darker color, fry the meat until golden brown. In it's own oil, of course.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello there Lia, nice recipe and blog here, I also make my own version of Adobo Recipe. You can visit my blog by clicking my name. Thanks and Regards

    ReplyDelete