Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Del Monte Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce

I recently experimented with a new spaghetti sauce because I received a Del Monte Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce. I combined the recipes in my blog and asked my friend, Vicky, when to add the hotdog slices.

My family loved it. Even PD who really does not like my previous spaghetti experiments.  Kuya had 2 servings for lunch and he does not like to eat spaghetti.  He said it was really good.

So, here goes nothing!  Sharing with all of you my new Spaghetti recipe.

Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce


1/2 C. cooking oil
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 C. onions (red or white)
1/4 K. ground lean pork
1/4 K. ground beef
1/4 K. Purefoods Tender Juicy hotdog, sliced
70 gr. Del Monte tomato paste
2 pcs. Knorr beef cubes
1 K. Del Monte Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce
1 C. water
1 C. white sugar
1.5 t. salt
1.5 t. MSG (optional)
1/2 t. black pepper
1/4 t. cumin
1 T. Purefoods liver spread

Saute onions and garlic until soft and fragrant.

Add the ground pork and beef.  When it is brown add the hotdog slices and continue sauteing for a few minutes.

Add the tomato paste and Knorr beef cubes.  Saute until the cubes have melted.

Add the rest of the ingredients except the liver spread.

When it boils, lower the heat and simmer for 2 hours.  Keep stirring every 10 minutes so it does not stick to the pot.

Add the liver spread in the last 5 minutes.

Do NOT removed the fat on top of the sauce.

Tip:  Cook the sauce one or two days ahead and keep in the refrigerator.  Add half cup of water when you reheat.  I don't know why but it tastes so much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment