Thursday, May 30, 2019

Pad Kra Pao Gai

Pad Kra Pao Gai is one of the easiest meals to prepare.  I was standing on the sidewalk in Bangkok when I saw a lady cooking it.  I looked at what she was doing and when I went home to Manila I started researching and experimenting.

I used the Holy Basil leaves from my potted garden.

Make sure you use Holy Basil and not the Basil for other Asian or Italian dishes.

Pad Kra Pao Gai


250 grams chicken thigh fillet, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 siling labuyo, chopped
2 T. cooking oil

Sauce:
1 t. seasoning sauce, you can use Knorr
1 t. Thai fish sauce
1 t. oyster sauce
1.5 t. white sugar
1 t. dark soy sauce
1 T. water

handful of holy basil leaves
2 crispy fried eggs
2 cups steamed rice

Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.


Heat the oil in the pan and saute the garlic and chili until fragrant.


Add the chicken and cook until it is no longer pink.

Add the sauce and continue cooking until the sauce is a bit dry.

Toss in the Holy Basil leaves and remove pan from heat.


Serve with steamed rice and fried eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment