Sunday, June 13, 2010

I couldn't stop eating!

A few days ago, I had lunch with my HS classmates at Wild Ginger in Rockwell. We ordered green chicken curry and I liked it. Today, I decided to experiment. I surfed the net first and went to Rustan's to buy the ingredients. It was so easy to make and it tasted really good! I couldn't stop eating ... not a spoonful was left!


I did not finish the whole serving by myself! I shared half with Tita Portia who called me to say it was really delicious, she ate it with the baguette I bought her in Breadtalk. I ate mine with 1 cup steamed white rice and a few pieces of leftover grilled liempo with salt and pepper from yesterday's lunch.


Ahhhh promise, not a single drop left!!! Hehehe now my tummy is as big as a whole watermelon!!!!


Thai Green Chicken Curry



1/2 K. chicken, cut into small pieces

1 T. cooking oil

1 - 2 T. Nittaya Green Curry paste (Rustan's Rockwell)



1 T. dark brown sugar

2 C. thin coconut milk (2nd extraction)

2 T. Pantai Fish Sauce



pure coconut milk (1st extraction with no liquid added)

2 pcs. round eggplant, cut into 4 segments


Heat the oil in the wok until very hot. Saute the curry paste and brown sugar. Add the chicken pieces and saute until half cooked. Pour the thin coconut milk and add the fish sauce. When it starts to boil, cover and lower the heat. After 20 minutes add the eggplant, continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Increase the heat, add the pure coconut milk and stir until it boils. Turn off flame and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment