Friday, June 27, 2014

Eggs Benedict at The Bed and Brunch

I had the Junkies (except Tricia because of an important errand) over at The Bed and Brunch - my imaginary breakfast establishment.

We had Eggs Benedict!

Yes! It was my first time to cook it. I had to practice poaching eggs several times.

Split toasted English Muffin

Smoked Maple Ham

Poached Egg

Hollandaise Sauce

The Hollaidaise Sauce was just a breeze to make. Even Cat helped! The recipe Tricia shared was so easy by Tyler Florence.

Hollandaise Sauce

4 egg yolks

1 T. Lemon juice

1 stick of unsalted butter, melted

Pinch of salt

In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks and lemon juice until slightly thick.

Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water but be careful not to let it touch the surface of the water.

Gradually add the melted butter and continue whisking until slightly thick and pourable in consistency.

Season with a pinch of salt.

I had to research and watch videos online for several days on how to cook eggs benedict.

Jaime Oliver said that the yolk of the poached egg should be runny.

I think I passed the Eggs Benedict course!

I also baked Angel Buttermilk biscuits and the bacon Shey brought for breakfast.

See how straight the bacon slices are?????

Put the bacon on a baking sheet without overlapping and place it at the bottom rack in a cold oven. Set the temperature to 400F.

Bake until brown and crispy taking care not to burn the bacon. Drain on paper towels immediately.

Cat brought fruits!

I am very happy with my accomplishment. I hope my guests enjoyed their breakfast also!

And..... my next food experiment is.........

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment