Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dinner Invitation

I always invite friends for dinner or lunch. Sometimes they can make it but most times they are very busy with work and family. So... it was my pleasure tonight when Tricia, Jodie and Mico finally told me they can come for dinner.

I serve food which I can prepare ahead of time. It is very easy for me to make Paella(recipe in older post), my recipe is so simple and "non-toxic" hahahaha some people find cooking for guests very "toxic" but not for me. I love it. I suppose, it shows I cook with love and from my heart.



Lechon Kawali( recipe in older post) is another favorite dish I like to cook.





Whenever I know Dra. Tricia is coming I always have to have Fiber!!!! She said we need it. The salad I made is Ceasar Salad. I didn't add the croutons or bacon anymore... I really like it plain and simple.



Ceasar Salad

Lettuce leaves, Romaine or Iceberg
1 egg yolk

3 cloves of garlic, crushed ( I used a garlic press)
1 t. French's mustard

1/4 C. olive oil

freshly cracked black pepper
1 T. lemon juice or calamansi juice

2 pcs. anchovy fillet, mashed

Parmesan cheese

In a bowl, stir together the garlic, mustard and yolk. Slowly add the olive oil. Then add the anchovy fillet and the lemon juice. Season with black pepper. Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pour the dressing on the lettuce leaves, toss, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

Most people think that the "drink" I make is spiked. It is not, it just seems like it is. I don't know what to call it ... so let us just refer to it as:

"DRINK".



3 C. Sprite
2 C. Four Seasons juice or any canned/bottled juice

1 orange, sliced

1 lemon, sliced

cherries with stems and juice. (I forgot to put but it tastes better with it.)


They brought Mango Torte from Dulcelin! I restrained myself and only had 1 slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment