Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hizon's

I was surfing last night where to eat for lunch today. A long, long time ago I used to eat at Hizon's... I looked it up in the web and they are still open!

When I woke up, I called up Tita Portia and told her we will eat at Hizon's in Bocobo St. today.

I read in some blogs that the Toasted Yema is good, so I ordered. It was like mamon tostado with butter and sugar.



Hizon's served a basket of bread, the rolls were very sweet, just the way I like it with butter.



I ordered the spaghetti with meat balls, that was my favorite when I was young.



Tita Portia had the Roast Stuffed Turkey (her craving for the moment) with stuffings, glazed sweet potato (I loved it! Will make at home.) and cranberry.



I had Coke Light as usual and my Aunt had the Iced Black tea with calamansi and honey.



We also tried the Camaron Rebosado



and pineapple pie, which was too tart for me.



There are times when you are looking for old fashioned style of cooking. Modern and fusion are all great but you just want something familiar... what most people call comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment