Monday, July 19, 2010

An Afternoon Tea Party for Dolly


I recently hosted an Afternoon Tea Party for my classmate, Dolly. It was an exciting process, I had to research for recipes and food combinations for days. I was very fortunate Tita Portia helped me set up my table. She is known for her Tea parties.


My heart was full to bursting when my friends told me how much they enjoyed themselves... not just the food but the experience as well! The preparation was very tiring but well worth the effort.


Afternoon Tea Menu

Cheesy Olive Pecan Sandwiches
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Chicken Sandwiches
Ham Cranberry Sandwiches
Spicy Mango Kani Sandwiches

Freshly Baked Raisin Scones with Cream
Orange Marmalade and Black Cherry Preserves


Chocolate Ganache Cups
Caramel Cream Puffs
Lemon Squares
Butter Rhum Pound Cake
Chocolate Viennese Bars
Assortment of Teas
Sparkling Fruit Punch



I also set up a small table for the little girls with their own food and drinks.




Children's Afternoon Tea Menu


Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Concord Grape Jelly Sandwiches
Cheese and Mango Sandwiches


Chocolate Ganache Cups
Cream Puffs
Mini Marshmallows
Assorted Chocolate Candies

Hot Chocolate
Sparkling Fruit Punch


A Tea Party can always bring out the little girl in us no matter what age. If one has not experienced it yet, I highly recommend you indulge in an Afternoon Tea with friends or family.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lia for this most wonderful labor of love! I truly truly loved it! Warmest Aloha to you! XOXO! ~Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, Dolly. As I've said before ... it was my pleasure.

    ReplyDelete