Monday, April 11, 2011

Red and White Saturday

It was a Red and White Saturday lunch with my family.  We celebrated the birthdays of Nicky,  my 18 year old  nephew who rarely joins us because of school activities in college, Renzo, the 5 year old angelic looking little boy but is actually  a terror when he gets mad and Sophie, who is turning 12 this Wednesday.

It was just our usual Saturday lunch but with a reason to celebrate.  I did not prepare anything elaborate but the favorite food of the celebrants.

Nicky's favorite food is shrimps... I cooked for him the Butter Garlic Shrimps.



Sophie's favorite is the White Spaghetti.



Then Lunch Box Chicken for Renzo.

Lunch Box Chicken (Recipe from my Lola's American Cookbook)



1 K. chicken
3/4 C. flour
2 t. paprika
1 1/2 t. fine salt
1/2 t. chicken powder or MSG
1/2 t. pepper

Combine all the dry ingredients in a big  bag or container.  Shake chicken pieces in the bag and fry.

Gilly does not eat white spaghetti so, there was Red Spaghetti as well.



My nieces in contrast: Red and White Spaghetti


No comments:

Post a Comment