Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Al's Adobong Baboy

Al is the brother in law of Celine.  One time, she brought Adobong Baboy cooked by Al.  It is quite different from the usual Adobo with sauce.  His version is dry, more or less like beef rendang, where you simmer the meat until tender and all the sauce has evaporated and fry the fatty pork pieces in its own fat.

Yummmmm!!!!!!  This is best eaten with Ginataang Kalabasa and Sitaw, which I will cook tomorrow or maybe Sinigang na hipon!!!  I cannot decide yet.  Let's see what I am in the mood for tomorrow.

Al's Adobong Baboy



1/2 K. pork liempo, cut into cubes
1/4 C. vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. Knorr Seasoning
1/2 t. rock salt (optional or to taste)
1/2 t. msg (optional but not for me)
1 head garlic, crushed
10 whole peppercorn
1 pc bayleaf (optional, I actually forgot to put but I know Adobo is always cooked with bay leaf)
1 cup water

Marinate the pork in vinegar, soy sauce, salt, msg and garlic overnight.  Then use a non-aluminum cooking pot.  Simmer with water until the pork is tender.  Transfer into a wok, over low heat, let the sauce reduce until the lard is rendered from the meat.  Fry in its own fat until browned.  Transfer onto a serving dish and pour the oil and browned bits.

I also cooked Chicken in Mirinda because it is the favorite of Tita Portia and Sophie.
http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2012/03/chicken-in-mirinda.html



 They really love this dish ... the sauce has an orangey cheesy taste.  LOL This whole serving  is just for PD.  I already set aside my portion and Sophie's also.

No comments:

Post a Comment