Wednesday, July 2, 2014

How To Eat Edamame

Do you know how to eat edamame?

An Edamame is a young soy bean pod served steamed or boiled with salt.

Tricia, Shey and I had dinner at Mitsuyado Sen on Jupiter.

We ordered Edamame.

I saw Tricia and Shey put it in their mouths.

I reached for one and told them it was my first time to try it. Then I started eating the pod!

Tricia freaked out and said, "Lia! Do not eat the pod!!!"

Hahahahaha

The right way to eat the Edamame is to put the pod in your mouth, slide out the edamame beans with your teeth and discard the pod. (Wikipedia)

So you can imagine the shocked expressions on their faces!

Well, now I know! That was really funny! I thought it was just like eating boiled snow peas.

We also ordered Gyoza.

They shared a BIG bowl of Tantanmen.

I had my favorite Ebi Tempura with no rice!

I still cannot get over the Edamame "education" I had tonight! Makes me laugh out loud whenever I remember.

So.... Do you know how to eat Edamame now?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment