Friday, March 14, 2014

Yakitori Butabara

Yakitori Butabara was what I ate at Kikufuji yesterday and it is my experiment today.

Yakitori - skewered and grilled

Butabara - pork belly

Skewer the pork belly strips.

Season with fine salt.

Grill over hot charcoal.

Plain salted - shio

Drizzled with Terriyaki sauce.

Sauce:

2 T. Kikkoman soy sauce

1 T. Water

1/2 T. Brown sugar

1 T. White sugar

1 clove garlic, chopped

1 inch ginger, sliced

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.

When it boils, stir until the sugar is dissolved.

Strain the garlic and ginger, return the sauce to the pan.

Let the sauce reduce until slightly syrupy.

I posted a picture in FB and Bibo asked me if I should be eating meat on a Friday of Lent.

I know I tend not to listen to homilies during mass but a priest said that the Vatican's rules are more flexible now in these fast changing times and that fasting and abstinence are just observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.

I kinda doubted myself for a while, what if I was wrong?!

I looked it up in the net:

ewtn.com

Canon 1251 Abstinence from eating meat or another food according to the prescriptions of the conference of bishops is to be observed on Fridays throughout the year unless they are solemnities; abstinence and fast are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and on the Friday of the Passion and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

So.... Yes, We can eat meat on Fridays of Lent!

 

2 comments:

  1. looks yum! as for lent, from what i know is you can do other acts of penance if you won't abstain.

    ReplyDelete