Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Been Busy

I have been busy these past few days because I had some food orders to cook. I went to Farmer's Market yesterday and was lucky enough to buy Baby Pusit! That was my Mom's ultimate favorite! Lisa's too.

I searched the net how to cook squid so it will not become rubbery and chewy. I finally discovered the secret!

Baby Pusit

1/2 K. Baby Pusit, cleaned and drained

1/4 C. Oil

3 cloves garlic, chopped

1 inch ginger, sliced

2 T. Soysauce

1 T. Knorr Seasoning

Black pepper

Sauté garlic and ginger in oil.

Add the squid and cook for a few minutes.

Add the soysauce and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes ONLY.

Strain the sauce, put the squid in a serving dish.

Reduce the sauce, adjust the seasoning and pour over the squid.

Another experiment was the Cream of Mushroom Soup. I am trying out a new diet. Light dinner only and no rice. So far, so good. My latest FBS readings were 115 and 128.

I only had a Smoked Farmer's Ham sandwich with the soup.

Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup

4 oz. Can of sliced mushrooms

2 T. Butter

2 cloves garlic, chopped

1 small white onion, chopped

2 T. Flour

2 C. Chicken stock

1/2 t. Salt

1/2 t. Knorr Chicken Powder

1/2 t. White pepper

1/2 C. Alaska all purpose cream

1 T. Flour

Grated Parmesan cheese for garnishing

Sauté garlic, onions and mushrooms in butter.

Add the flour and stir well.

Over low heat, pour the stock slowly while stirring to prevent lumps.

Season with salt, Knorr chicken powder and pepper.

Simmer for 20 minutes.

Dilute the flour with the cream and slowly pour into the soup.

Stir until the soup has thickened.

I am going to make Chicken Pot Pie with the leftover soup.

Mona left today for Toronto, Canada. She will be gone for several months.

I miss her already! I bumped into a friend at the mall today and said, Mona just left for a long vacation.

I choked up a bit and started to cry a little.

Other matters.....

I screamed and almost fainted when I saw what my Kuya did!

He scraped off the fat from the Chicharon!

I scolded him and said: "Kuya! Don't do that!!!"

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment