Monday, January 23, 2012

Chinese New Year - Diet Holiday!!!

I declared today a Diet Holiday!  Tomorrow is the last day of my 21-day vegan diet but will  extend it up to the 25th to make restitution for my sinful ways.

It started last night during the Post Homecoming get together with my classmates and I had 3 pieces of Chicharon!  They left 2 more bags here, I invited Mona and Jing for lunch and we had it for appetizers!!!  I also ate fishballs and the vegetables with kare kare sauce.  ARGGGGHHHH!!!!!  I felt physically ill after lunch.  I suppose my system cannot take food high in fat anymore.

Then Merienda time, PD invited us to eat at Lugang, Greenhills!  Jing could not join us anymore because she had to go home to her boys.  So, it was just Mona and I who got lucky.

I forgot to bring my camera, I only used my Blackberry.  The pictures are not as bright and clear as I want them to be.

I was looking forward to my Vegetarian Dumplings with Truffle Oil but they ran out of stock!!!!

I got the Steamed Angled Loofah (patola) with Shrimp Xiao Long Bao instead.



I also ordered the Hot and Sour Soup and requested for a vegetarian version.



We also got the Steamed Crab Roe and Pork Xiao Long Bao. 



I tried one piece and the filling had orange crab fat!

Taiwanese Stir Fried Rice Noodles with Pork.  I had a forkful of the noodles but not the pork.  



Taiwanese Stewed Pork in Steamed Buns.  I did not try anymore.



Pan-Fried Dumplings



We ordered our favorite Mango Flavoured Shaved Ice



I realize that my body cannot tolerate fatty animal products anymore.  Maybe after my vegan diet I will convert to Pesco-Vegetarian .... but I will see. 

Surprisingly, after eating 3 pieces of Chicharon last night, I had my lowest blood glucose reading at 119 this morning!  My lowest ever in the past 5 years.

There is life after CHICHARON!!!  Hahahahahaha! NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment