Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stir Fried Vegetables with Glass Noodles

I am back to my vegan diet again because it really is very effective in controlling my blood sugar.  My lunch was:

Stir Fried Vegetables with Glass Noodles 



150 g. spinach leaves
2 T. Canola Oil
1 T. sesame oil
garlic, pounded
red pepper, cut into strips
1 chile pepper
6 pcs. woods ears mushrooms (tenga ng daga), soaked for 30 minutes in hot water then cut into strips
6 pcs. canned shitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps cut into strips
carrot, cut into strips
2 leaves Chinese cabbage, cut into strips
2 stalks leeks, sliced diagonally
80 g. glass noodles (sotanghon) - Long Kow Sapporo brand is the best, soaked for 30 minutes then drained
2 T. soy sauce
2 t. sugar
salt

Boil water in a pot.  Add the spinach leaves and cover for 2 minutes.  Drain and rinse the leaves with cold water.  Squeeze the water from the spinach, separate the leaves and add to the carrots, 2 kinds of mushrooms, Chinese cabbage and leeks.

Heat the canola and sesame oil in a wok, saute the garlic, red pepper and chile pepper (mash wile cooking) for 10 seconds.  Add the rest of the vegetables and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.

Add the glass noodles and season to taste.

I thought that after my Vegan diet I can eat normal, regular food.  Yesterday, my friends and I had lunch with our balikbayan classmate, Barbie, at Aristrocat in Jupiter. 

Jodie, Lia, Tricia and Barbie
















 We ordered the Chicken Barbeque with Java Rice

 

Pancit Canton



Honey Fried Chicken and Fresh Lumpiang Ubod (forgot to take a picture).



We even had the Torta Delos Reyes.




When I checked my sugar this morning, it went up to 194!!!!  I just realized that it can go up so high so fast for eating non vegan food.  So, I suppose this is a lifetime commitment unless I am attending a special occasion or when I go on trips. 

I am going to Boracay and Cebu with my BFF soon!!!!  Vegan diet will be on hold.  That will make my blood sugar spike but will make up for it.

PS.  I love this tea! 



Rustans Rockwell has a French Food Festival.  It tastes as good as the TWG Caramel tea and the aroma is sooooooooooo ..... two thumbs up!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment