Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lugang Cafe Again

My friends and I went to Greenhills today to deliver some Christmas presents I was not able to distribute.

I told them about the Mango Shaved Ice at Lugang Cafe and we tried it!  It was so refreshing because today was an unsual hot day for January.



So pretty, like iced ribbon.



They ordered the Xio Long Bao.



While I had my favorite Vegetarian Dumplings with Truffle Oil.





Lugang Cafe with Jing and Celine.



 

We also ate at Le Ching Greenhills, I only had the Steamed Tofu ( I did not realize they fried the tofu before steaming.)



And broccoli leaves, I think it was boiled in meat stock.



Breakfast was the usual Oatmeal with cinnamon and this time I added raisins.

For my early dinner, I made Pomodoro with Mushrooms and spread it on top of toasted rye bread.



My classmates and I practiced songs for our homecoming mass tonight and I made Chorizo El Rey Soup.

Well, I taught Celine how to make the soup and she had to try for me because I cannot have even just a hint of animal products.  I am trying to wean myself from it.

Chorizo El Rey Soup



4 C. chicken/pork broth
1 T. Olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
1 pc. Chorizo El Rey, chopped
60 grams, spaghetti noodles, broken into 2 inch length
french bread (sliced, crust removed and torn into small pieces )

Saute garlic and onion in olive oil.
When the onion is soft, add the chorizo.  Continue sauteing for a few more minutes then pour the stock.  When the soup boils, add the noodles until cooked.
 Before serving, add the torn bread pieces and simmer for a minute or two.

PS

My blood glucose reading this morning was136!!!!  I am very near my goal! I have to keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment