Monday, October 10, 2011

Chili con Carne

I experimented again today and tried to cook Mang Rectos spaghetti.  I got the idea from Marianne that maybe I can use the chili recipe for the spaghetti sauce but it did not taste like how I expected it to be.  Maybe it was because I did not have chili powder.

So I just decided to turn it into Chili, topped with Tillamook Cheese, white onion, sour cream, cilantro and nachos.



Chili con Carne

garlic, chopped
white onion, chopped
red pepper, chopped
2 T. cooking oil
250 gr. lean ground beef
300 gr. Del Monte tomato sauce
3/4 t. salt
3/4 t. msg
1/4 t. pepper
1 C. water
1 t. sugar
2 T. Lea and Perrins
1 t. paprika
2 T. Taco seasoning (I should have used chili powder)

Saute garlic, onions and red pepper in cooking oil.  Add the ground beef, when light brown in color add the tomato sauce, water and all the seasonings.  Simmer for 45 minutes.

That was my Mang Recto experiment. I bought a few items in Rustans Rockwell and turned the spaghetti sauce into Chili con Carne.  Jing said she uses Old El Paso chili seasoning.



1 can Molinera Red Kidney beans, washed and drained
1 can Molinera crushed tomatoes
1 pack Old El Paso chili seasoning
6 pcs. Hershey Kisses

Add the beans, crushed tomatoes and chili seasoning.  Simmer for 30 minutes.  Add the chocolates, serve with chopped  white onions, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, cilantro and nacho or tortilla chips.

The chocolate made a HUGE difference!  It was a bit spicy for me before adding it but afterwards ... OHHH  MYYYY  I can finish the whole pot!  But I am saving it for tomorrow.  It is better to let it sit overnight in the fridge before eating it.  I can not wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment