Sunday, October 23, 2016

Cocido De Pollo Con Chorizo

We had the Culinary Journey Cooking demo last Tuesday.  Our guests were The Huenefelds of Calidad Espanola.


They make their own chorizo and other sausages and sell at Salcedo Weekend Market.

I liked the soup dish they cooked for us during the demo and tried to recreate it for my guests last Friday at The Batcave.

Jing, Sherman, Michael, Adiel, Cecille, Armi and her son, Uno.


Cocido de Pollo con Chorizo (Our version of Nilagang Manok with chorizo)

1 K. drumsticks
2 pcs. Chorizo El Rey, sliced (The recipe calls for 1/2 K. chorizo Pamplona but I only had 2 El Rey in the freezer.)
1 liter chicken stock (I used 1 kilo chicken bones boiled in water with 2 t. rock salt.)
1 small pc. King Sue ham feet (recipe calls for ham bone from Terry's)
3 cloves garlic
2 pcs. bay leaves
garbanzos
3 pcs. potatoes, cut into chuinks
3 pcs, carrots, chut into chunks
green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch length
1 head cabbage, sliced into quarters
1/8 C. olive oil
1/8 C. chicken oil, rendered from the chicken fat

Heat the pan and add the chicken and olive oil.
Sear the chicen, a few pieces at a time.
Return the chicken to the pan then add the stock, garlic and bay leaves.
When it boils, add the chorizo and ham feet.  Let it boil then simmer over very low heat for 3 hours.
Add the garbanzos, potatoes and carrots.
Continue simmering until the potatoes and carrots are cooked.
Add the green beans and cabbage in the last 5 minutes of cooking.

I really loved the Cocido.



Jing and Sherman brought Bicol Express... SPICY!!!


Adiel asked her driver who also cooks to make Chicken Cordon Bleu.


I was so impressed!  The few times I tried to cook it, it just fell apart after slicing.

Cecille brought fresh spring rolls from Bon Banh Mi.


Loved it, as well.

Armi was our soda supplier.

I baked a batch of cookies for my guests.


They all loved it! What's not to love? I used Hershey's semi-sweet chips, Hershey's milk chocolate chips and local semi-sweet chips.

I also baked a tray for my nephew, Renzo.


I promised him freshly baked cookies will be waiting for him when he comes home from school.

We all enjoyed our lunch!  Hope we can do this more often.

Thank you everybody for the good food and the great company!







No comments:

Post a Comment