Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A new road map to a healthier lifestyle.

I have a new road map to a healthier lifestyle.  I got lost last month ... horrible detour!!!!  Remember in My NEW diet post I mentioned that I am following a diet I found in the net?  I made a costly mistake!  I thought the food allotment was per meal but when I started gaining weight ... after 10 days... I realized the meal plan was for the whole day!!!

So... I went to the Dietitician of Makati Medical Center and asked her to make a 1300 Meal plan prescribed by my doctor.  It's 3 meals a day plus 1 snack.  But I don't follow it religiously... I told Ivy, the Dietitician, that I get dizzy and hungry after 2 hours of eating... so I told her... will eat mini meals instead.

1300 Calorie Daily Food Plan  NO sugars NO sweets HIGH Fiber Low saturated fats

Breakfast

Fresh Fruit - 1 exchange                 (40 calories)
Meat or Substitute - 1 exchange     (68 calories)
Rice or Substitute - 1 exchange       (100 calories)
Fat or substitute - 1 exchange -       (45 calories)
Milk - skim or non fat - 1 exchange (80 calories)
Total                                                 333 calories

AM snack - none

Lunch

Vegetable A - as desired
Vegetable B - 1 exchange -        (16 calories)
Meat or Substitute - 3 exchange (204 calories)
Rice or Substitute - 2 exchange  (200 calories)
Fat or  Substitute - 1 exchange   (45 calories)
Fresh Fruit - 1 exchange            (40 calories)
Total                                            505 calories

PM Snack

Rice or substitute - 1 exchange (100 calories)
Fat or substitute - 1 exchange    (45 calories)
Total                                          145 calories

Supper

Vegetable A - as desired
Vegetable B - 1 exchange           (16 calories)
Meat or Substitute - 2 exchange  (136 calories)
Rice or substitute - 1 exchange    (100 calories)
Fat or substitute - 1 exchange       (45 calories)
Fresh Fruit - 1 exchange               (40 calories)
Total                                             337 calories

Total for the whole day 1,320

Will add in my next post the list of exchanges and measurements.  I have a small digital scale so I am able to measure my food per gram or ounce.  When I'm dining out or attending a party ... the easiest way to gauge the servings is by looking at my plate ... 1/2 of the plate should consist of vegetables, 1/4 with rice or substitute and 1/4 with meat or substitute.

To show you what the servings look like .....



Shrimps - 2 meat or substitute exchanges = 136, Mango Lime dressing - 1 fat exchange =45, lettuce, peppers and onions belong to Vegetable A = as desired
Total Calories = 281


Oatmeal - 1 rice or substitute exchange = 100, Banana - 1 fruit exchange = 40
Total calories - 140 calories


Fish - 2 meat exchanges = 136 , Red rice - 1 rice exchange = 100, Vegetable B = 16, Fat exchange = 45
Total calories = 297

Pomelo - 1 Fruit exchange = 40 , Lettuce - Vegetable A
Total calories = 40


Alugabati with onions and tomatoes - Vegetable A, Sitaw - 1 exchange Vegetable B = 16 , Grilled chicken - 2 meat exchanges = 136, Fat exchange = 45
Total calories = 197

Pineapple - 1 fruit exchange = 40 calories

Strawberries - 1 fruit exchange = 40 calories

Bread - 1 rice exchange = 100, sardines - 1 meat exchange = 68, cheddar cheese - 1 meat exchange = 68
Total calories = 236

Papaya - 1 fruit exchange = 40 calories

Fish - 1 meat exchange = 136, Red rice - 1 rice exchange = 100, Vegetable A, Fat exchange - 45
Total calories = 281



Shrimps - 2 meat exchanges = 136, Mushroom meatballs - 1 rice exchange = 100, Vegetables A
Total calories = 236

No comments:

Post a Comment