Saturday, May 21, 2011

Salvation!

Salvation came in the form of Tita Portia.  I was wallowing in food depression this afternoon when she knocked on my door and invited me to go out for dinner.  I told her I am fed up with all kinds of food...  Filipino, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Serendra, Greenbelt, Bonifacio High Street and Rockwell.

She suggested we go to Manna Korean Garden Restaurant near Kalayaan Ave. just outside Bel-Air.  Lots of Koreans... a sign that the food is authentic in taste.

We ordered the Special Bulgogi cooked in front of us.







Served with lettuce, Chinese cabbage, garlic, chili, and cucumber sticks. 



They gave us assorted appetizers...



My favorite Korean dish - Korean Beef Stew - Steaming hot.



Onion and Seafood Pancake



I thought I was the only one who did not want to dine out any more and eat the same type of food.  Apparently, Tita Portia also felt the same way.   Sometimes, I see people enjoying the restaurants all over the city,  maybe because they do not frequent those places often.

Tonight, we stayed away from our usual jaunts.... had to get out of our comfort zones.  It was a pleasant change of palate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment