Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Real" Carbonara

Carbonara is Sophie's favorite, I can not imagine eating it all the time whenever we go out and dine.  A couple of weeks ago I made her one recipe of "White Spaghetti" and she said she does not want to eat my "Carbonara" anymore.  I told her... Soph... that was just White Spaghetti ... not Carbonara.

Today... I made her "real" Carbonara.  I researched the net and found a simple recipe.

Spaghetti Carbonara



250 grams bacon
4 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1/2 C. grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
freshly craked black pepper
250 grams spaghetti noodles
Parmesan cheese

Cut bacon into small cubes.  Cook bacon over low heat until crisps.  Remove pan from heat and set aside.
Combine the egg yolks and whole egg in a bowl, beat until creamy.  Add 1/2 C. cheese and freshly cracked pepper.  Set Aside.

Boil noodles, when al dente, drain and add immediately to the egg - cheese mixture.  Transfer to a serving platter.  Top with crisp bacon and grated cheese.

Mona, Jon and Mayette were my guests for dinner also.  I put together stuff I found in my fridge for salad.

Salad greens, red pepper, red onions, smoked farmer's ham from Santi's and used my Kraft Creamy
Poppyseed dressing.



I also experimented with Steamed Mussels in White Wine, found the recipe in the net.

Steamed Mussels in White Wine



1 K. mussels
1 C. white wine
shallots
2 T. unsalted butter

Steam mussels in shallots and white wine in a pot with cover.  When the shells open, remove.  Add the butter to the liquid and reduce.  Pour over the mussels.

No comments:

Post a Comment