Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lorenzo's Way

When my mom passed away, I inherited her friends. They used to have lunch once a month ... now I'm the one having lunch with them. They always ask me or Tita Portia for new places to eat. We told them we should try Lorenzo's Way (LJC group of restaurants) in Greenbelt 5. It was the birthday treat of Tita Mita and Tita Butchie.


One of their specialties is Abe's Chicken Supreme. It's whole roasted chicken stuffed with "malagkit" rice, mushrooms, chinese sausage and chesnuts served with drippings/gravy.






I ordered the Heart of Palm salad with shrimps, mangoes, black sesame seeds, lettuce leaves with a lemon/sesame oil vinaigrette.




For dessert, we had 2 orders of strawberry shortcake and blueberry custard. We all just shared, my senior friends do not eat too much sweets. Hahaha as if I am allowed!








I was not able to take pictures of the other things we ordered but the soup was very, very, very good! I'm going to make that. It was made from chorizo, bacon and ham with cream!!!! I think it was called "La Mancha" but I will check.





We all look forward to our monthly luncheons. We trade stories and I love it when they gossip hahaha. They are not the only friends of Mom, I inherited, I have a few more of her treasured friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment