Saturday, May 1, 2010

On my way to recovery

I have been down recently with flu like symptoms, I had no appetite and only craved for soup. When I went to the doctor, he said that my allergies have been triggered probably by Wriggly! So, he can't sleep in my room for a while. One positive thing that happened was that I lost 5 lbs. in a few days!



I'm already feeling better today and Tita Portia invited me for lunch. I told her I like to eat at Kirin (Bonifacio High Street) because last night, while my Ate was reading a "bedtime story" to me via the telephone .... hahahaha,,, Kirin was mentioned in the 50 must places you should try in Metro Manila.


I already featured in my earlier blog the Seafood noodles. I didn't like the noodles today because it had too much sauce, it was like soup already. I don't know why restaurants sometimes are inconsistent. I didn't take a picture also of the Ham Suy Kok and red bean soup.



I tried the Stir Fried Crabs in Chili Garlic with vinegar as dipping sauce. I liked it for a change, instead of the usual chili crab with sauce. It was almost like cereal prawns, the crab was medium sized (600 grams), good for two and the meat was succulent! I dipped it in vinegar first then at the crumbs, so it will stick.








Then the Stir Fried Prawns with red egg yolk... the jumbo prawn was coated in mashed egg yolk of the "itlog na maalat".





The yang chow fried rice .... it was alright ... nothing special but at least it wasn't too oily and with lots of bits and pieces of asado pork, shrimps and vegetables.

So... I'm on my way to recovery... I hope I don't eat too much now because my appetite has decreased in the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment