Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fiber Fiber Fiber

Dra. Tricia (a.k.a. Impeng) said we need Fiber! Last Friday, there was a small get together with HS friends here in my house and when Dra. discovered that there was no "Fiber" in the menu the day before she was a bit aghast! So..... I was thinking and said to myself, we can't have an all meat menu! I rummaged through my pantry and fridge and good thing I saw several ingredients I could use! I bought in Rustan's the lettuce and apple.


Lia's version of Kani Salad






1 pack kani, shredded

1 can Del Monte Whole Corn Kernel, drained

1 small can pineapple tidbits, drained

1 big cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cubed

1 fuji apple, cubed

1 small head of lettuce, torn into pieces

160 ml. mayonnaise

2-3 T. condensed milk


Toss all together in a salad bowl and chill for a few hours before serving.




The mini reunion with my HS classmates was great. We had so much fun and we enjoyed the good food and drinks that everybody brought. I grabbed pictures of the food from my classmate, Sarita in FB (Thanks!). I forgot to take photos!


Crispy Pata from Amber's

Longganisa Rice from my classmate, Cher. Super Yum! I'm waiting for the recipe.


Chicken relleno (recipe in one of my earlier posts)


Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce (I don't like the other brands.)

Pork Barbeque from Amber's

Mango Bravo from Conti's

Black Magic from Sugarhouse

Pichi Pichi from Amber's

No comments:

Post a Comment