Sunday, June 30, 2013

Practice Makes Perfect

I have been practicing for weeks how to make Pancit Bihon. I am going to be the caterer for our Wednesday KST session. I wanted to do the pasta/ garlic bread routine but my friend, Tita Malyne Lorayes, suggested I do Filipino or Chinese. So from Chicken Pot Pie and Cheese Pimiento Sandwich, I changed my menu to Pancit Bihon, Fried Lumpiang Ubod, Cua Pao and Dessert.

So, back to one of my Achilles heels.... Pancit. The rest of the menu, I could cook with my eyes closed but not Pancit. I do not know why but I just have a hard time cooking it to my taste. Although some said it was perfect already, but for me.... I can still improve the taste.

I told my family they had to bear with me because I practiced cooking Pancit Bihon again yesterday.

Hahaha.... Ok, where is the Pancit?

My Ate said, I should have mixed at least half of the vegetables with the noodles and not made it toppings. I did not want to mix it with the Pancit for fear the veggies not being crisp tender. I hate overcooked mushy vegetables. Also.... I had to add more seasonings because the noodles lacked a little flavor. I was so afraid to add salt because I tend to be heavy handed with it. I am going to read more on Pancit Bihon in the next few days.

Lechon Kawali was so easy to cook. I have perfected the technique already.

I used the turbo broiler for the the Boneless Crispy Pata.

I did not want to get oil splatter burns on my arm. I still have the scars from cooking pork adobo a few weeks ago.

Hermie cooked our favorite fried chicken with patis marinade.

Gilly brought her homemade Leche Flan.

I also shared the Dumaguete sylvanas from my friend. My Ate said, you can already buy from Cash and Carry the famous sylvanas.

Wish me luck for my "catering" stint on Wednesday! I hope the Pancit Bihon turns out the way I like it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment