Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Favorite Salcedo Market Goodies

I used to have breakfast at Salcedo Market every Saturday. For a time, I have always eaten Pork Barbecue and grilled corn. Then after a while it was tamales for several weeks..... And then I had to eat the Visayan Lumpiang Ubod and empanada kaliskis.... There was also a time, I was crazy over the Chili Tamarind Popsicle and Sausage in Ciabatta.

My friends and I were able to try almost all the goodies they have at Salcedo Market. I met with Tita Tess Colayco yesterday. She bought the Chorizo poppers and miniature mushroom empanadas from Cupcakes by Anita. There was also empanadas filled with Brie, Blue Cheese, Cream Cheese or White Truffle.

I enjoyed them! The chorizo poppers were marble sized! And the empanada was about an inch and a half in length. They are going to be my favorites from now on. The crust was so buttery and flaky! I wonder if I can make my own version?

Another must have for me is the Chicken Samosa with Tamarind Dip from Kashmir.

And..... Takoyaki Balls from one of the stalls.

I do not get a chance to visit Salcedo Market that often anymore because I usually have to cook for our weekly family lunch.

But..... I am sure, I will buy again the same goodies next time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment