Saturday, June 15, 2013

Broccoli with Shrimps

I have been racking my brains for days on what to cook for our Saturday Lunch. My family is a picky eater. Each one has a different taste, so the food must be something that everybody will like or else I will have to cook for each one of them.

Ding! I remembered this morning I have frozen shrimps in my freezer. I went to SM supermarket very early so I can buy broccoli.

Broccoli with Shrimps

1 head broccoli, cut into florets soaked in salted water

300 g. Shrimps

1/2 t. Salt

1/2 t. Sugar

1 T. Cooking oil ( for the marinade)

2T. Cooking oil

5 cloves garlic, chopped not crushed

2T. Water

1/2 t. Sugar

Sauce

1/2 C. Chicken stock

1 t. Sugar

1 T. Oyster sauce

1 t. Cornstarch

Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.

Peel the shrimps. Marinate in 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. sugar and 1 T. oil for 10 minutes.

Heat 2 T. oil in a wok. Sauté the shrimps briefly until it changes color. Set aside.

Sauté the garlic then add the broccoli, water and sugar. Cover for 1 minute or until crisp tender. Transfer onto a serving plate. Put the shrimps on top of the broccoli.

In the same wok, pour the sauce and stir until you get the the consistency you like. Drizzle over the Broccoli with Shrimps.

I also cooked Sio Mai Mami (soup was added right before lunch because the noodles would absorb it).

Hermie fried the chicken wings which were marinated in kalamansi and patis for 10 minutes.

Cooking is the easiest part of the equation. What I am always having a hard time of is thinking what my guests would like and what would complement each dish.

I should feel very lucky my family only likes simple and easy to prepare food. If they have a choice they only like grilled or fried meat and soup. I always feel I should add a vegetable dish.

I wonder, what am I going to cook for them next Saturday?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment