Sunday, June 24, 2012

Shrimp and Avocado Salad

My FBS this morning was 126, higher by 16 points but it is ok, at least it is still in the low 100s plus yesterday was lunch with the family.

I plan to to stick to the no wheat food today.

Dr. Davis said to eat vegetables... so I made Shrimp and Avocado Salad for lunch.

Shrimp and Avocado Salad



200 g. shrimps, boiled and peeled
1/2 avocado, cut into cubes
lettuce leaves

Dressing:

1 shallot, minced
1 t. Honey vinegar (any vinegar will do)
1 T. olive oil
salt and pepper

Mix all the ingredients for the dressing then add the cubed avocado.

Put the shrimps on top of the leaves and arrange the avocado cubes on top of the leaves around the shrimps.

I was also thinking of a healthy snack and made my own .....

Oven Roasted Peanuts



500 g. raw shelled peanuts
1 t. salt
pinch of sugar

Pre-heat oven at 350F.  Arrange the peanuts on the baking tray, single layer only.  Bake for 15 minutes, stirring the peanuts halfway and rotating the pan.

As soon as you remove from the oven, season with salt and sugar and let it rest for 5 more minutes.

My experiment for tonight was Spareribs with Black Beans.  I got the recipe from one of the blogs.

Steamed Spareribs with Black Beans



700 g. pork spareribs, cut into small cubes
2 T. black bean sauce
1 T. Chinese rice wine
2 t. cornstarch (but I omitted this ingredient)
1/2 t. grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 t. ground black pepper
1 t. cooking oil
1 t. sesame oil
1 t. sugar

*I would suggest add about half to a teaspoon of salt.  It was too  bland for me, I had to add light soy sauce while eating.  I do have a salty-sweet palette.

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.

Transfer into a heatproof shallow pan and steam on medium heat for 18 - 20 minutes or until the ribs are no longer pink and the meat is tender.

*I steamed it for 45 minutes and the meat was so tender.  Since I did not add cornstarch, I had to transfer the spareribs into a shallow frying pan and let the sauce reduce.

Food Diary:

Breakfast:

2 soft-boiled eggs with a pat of butter, salt and pepper

Lunch:

Avocado and Shrimp Salad

Snack:

oven roasted nuts
2 pcs. DECs sharksfin sio mai (Not wheat free)
half an avocado

Dinner:

Steamed spareribs with tausi
3 pcs. DECs sharsfin sio mai, I removed the wonton wrapper as best as I could.

As usual, I cannot wait to check my FBS tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment