Thursday, December 12, 2013

Chinese Braised Pork Leg

I have to practice modesty and stop bragging about how good I am at cooking certain dishes. My mom used to remind me that it was not nice to tell people that my food tastes very delicious!

Huh?!! I cannot tell the whole world about it!?

Hahahaha Good thing I was not blogging back then when she was still alive.

I had lunch with Jopet, Karen and Santina last week. They were talking about their favorite Pata Tim at Aloha Hotel(Hope I got it right?).

Of course, I volunteered to cook for them! Hahaha I told my friends they would love my version.

Braised Pork Leg

1.2 K Pork Pata, front leg (unahan)

1/3 C. Kikkoman soy sauce

1/3 C. Brown sugar

3T. Chinese cooking wine

6 Thick ginger slices

2 stalks leeks, white part only, cut into 3 inch length

2 C. Water

Steamed Taiwan pechay

Put the Pata in a deep pot, cover with water and boil until the scum rises to the top. Rinse and set aside.

Put all the ingredients in the pressure cooker except the Taiwan pechay.

When the button of the pressure cooker starts to dance, lower heat and simmer for an hour. Let it rest for 15 minutes before opening the lid of the cooker.

Let it simmer over low to medium heat until the sauce is syrupy. Brown sugar or a little salt may be added while reducing the sauce, if you like.

Arrange the Taiwan pechay on the side.

Best eaten with steamed cua pao bread.

Mona and Dra. Tricia were able to join us. Mona was in charge of the drinks and ice.

Dra. asked me to cook something as her contribution. I also asked her to buy junk food for us!

I just bought marinated chicken pandan in SM then fried it.

Jopet and Karen passed by Yamato Bakery and got us Kronuts, Egg Sandwich and homogenized milk which tasted so good! I just had a sip. Too bad I am lactose intolerant. I love fresh milk!

After lunch, when Mona and Dra. Tricia left, we went to Sweetcraft for some baking ingredients I needed.

My little miss baker, Santina, helped me bake Chocolate Chip Cookies!

TADA! Santina's cookies!

Hahaha the little girl was in her fierce Top Model pose.

I hope my guests enjoyed their lunch so my bragging was not in vain!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment