Friday, January 24, 2014

Wheat Free Rocks!

I just got my test results!!!! Would you believe my cholesterol level is normal?!?

It is only 3.91/150!

The normal range is anything below 5 or 200!

Of course, I failed in the sugar department. My HBaic or blood sugar level for the past 3 months is 187. Higher than normal but..... It used to be more than 200!

I have been wheat-free since September 2013. I only "rested" for 3 weeks while Lisa was in town.

I ate pasta, pizza, cakes, pastries, cookies, chocolates..... Name it! I ate them all!

But since I knew it was bad for me, I limited my servings plus I rarely ate rice. I was taking advantage of the fact that I could eat bread.

Maybe I am blessed with good genes but I do believe that the theory of Dr. William Davis, author of Wheat Belly, has some merit. I have been eating food high in saturated fats, 2 eggs almost everyday and yet, my cholesterol level is normal!

He shared this photo today on his FB timeline: Lechon Kawali?!?!

I am on the right track!

Check out what I ate today!

I was a little disappointed with Purefoods.

The honeycured bacon was not as streaky as I like. I had to add a little oil.

I am so proud of my egg frying ability!!!! It is a new skill I learned recently.

Just the way I like it!

Steamed Chinese Sausage and half a cup of rice.

Ribeye steak cooked in bacon grease and homemade fries.

The steak was a little overcooked :( But still tender.

My goal is to lower my sugar to 6.7. That is what my doctor wants!

I know I am going to reach that goal!!!!

For those who still doubt the wheat-free lifestyle.... You better think again!

I am going to prove to myself and to the world (again) that it really works!

Wheat Free Rocks!

 

2 comments:

  1. hi lia! fyi... you can eat dark chocolate. it's supposed to be good bec of the antioxidant flavanoids and keeps the blood sugar in control.

    ReplyDelete