Thursday, January 23, 2014

Open Kitchen By 48 Concepts

I went to Mayette's clinic today so she could perform a retinopathy test on my eyes. She said I have Stage 1, very mild case but I have to control my Diabetes.

We wanted to have dinner at RUB on Capitol Drive, Pasig but the waiting list was quite long. We checked out the new restaurant called....

Open Kitchen By 48 Concepts

A new kid on the block, literally, they just opened their doors to the public last Dcember 28.

According to the FB page, it is French inspired.

They have a hanging herb garden.

Mayette could not help herself and tried a few "leaves".

We ordered the 48 Burger - basil aioli/crisp ciabatta/pommes dauphine

I just googled pommes dauphine - A mixture of mashed potatoes and Choux pastry or cream puff dough then deep fried.

I was researching earlier in the day for a good burger recipe and most of the ones I checked out had coriander leaves! If I am not mistaken, the burger had "kinchay"!

We also tried the Beer Battered Mahi Mahi with 5 spice cucumber relish.

I liked the Anise Pork Belly with honey mustard reduction sauce and chopped nori.

With my Filipino and "pedestrian" palete.... This one hit the spot.

Dessert was Chocolate Truffle Beignets

Jon ordered a glass of iced tea, I do not know what it's called but a sprig of Rosemary was used to stir the tea.

I enjoyed my evening with Mayette and Jon.

We have a lot of fun plans for the future!

Until our next night out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment