Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Compassionate Leave for Pinky

Pinky is home because she went on a compassionate leave. Her Dad passed away last January 10 after 2 long years in the hospital.

We had a small gathering for dinner.

Tricia, Jodie, and Miko asked me to cook....

Oxtail Kare Kare with

Green Mangoes

Mayette's Pork Adobo

And....

Boiled shrimps

Janette brought Lumpiang Shanghai...

We ordered Crispy Pata and Pinky volunteered to pick up the tab.

Mona cooked Ginataang Halo-Halo.

Ohhh my Goodness!!! I had 3 servings of rice! There was no DIET tonight!

I loved Mayette's Pork Adobo which I cooked the other night and so did they!!!

We ate it with wansuy and tomatoes.

And my Oxtail Kare Kare?!?! From scratch.... With half a kilo of oven roasted peanuts then ground into paste using the Osterizer?!?! How can I eat it without rice!!!!

After dinner, I had to unbutton my shorts, there was a 2 inch gap!

I was very happy that we were able to have a get together on such a short notice.

Everybody made time for Pinky.

We love you, Pinky!

I hope we were able to cheer you up a bit in your darkest hour of sorrow and mourning.

Cannot wait until you come back in March!

See you soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment