Saturday, December 1, 2012

Early Christmas at the Imperial Household

I could not believe it! My baby and I already received Christmas gifts as early as December 1!!!

Look what Wriggly got!?!?!?!



A Santa outfit from my Ate!!!

He will wear it when Hermie is done with the set up of his Christmas tree.  Wriggly has his own! Will take a picture of course, so we can show you.

I received another unexpected Christmas give today, but this time from my Kuya!

An Ipad2!!!!



But I cannot use it yet, he said, he will wrap it for Christmas.

A lot of people ask me what is good to serve on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day..... one of the most popular dishes is Callos.

I cooked Callos for my family today because PD bought Chorizo de Pamplona at the AC Bazaar last week.  You can also buy it from their stall at the Salcedo Market every Saturday.





She said I can have a few sausages so I decided to make Callos.

They loved it!

What's not to love????  Hahahahahaha..... I am so bad .... after having a hearty lunch.... I told them ....

"Do you know that I used a whole pack of bacon?  And that I sauteed the meat in bacon fat????!?!?! "

Hahahaha! I have a bad habit of informing my guests how much saturated fat I used after they have eaten.

Instead of the usual Chinese Ham bones for the stock .... I used the bones of the Prosciutto Ham.



I also used the BIG olives Tita Baby, Aunt of Jon, gave me for my birthday.

Callos



1 K. Tripe
1 K. beef knee cap (I prefer it to ox feet)
Prosciutto Ham bones
250 g. bacon
garlic, chopped
white onions, chopped
2 pcs. Chorizo de Pamplona, sliced diagonally
1 Knorr beef cube
2 T. Patis ng taga Malabon
1 C. Del Monte tomato sauce
1 small pack Del Monte tomato paste
stock from the boiled meat
1 can Molinera chick peas, skin removed
2 pcs. red pepper, cut into squares
20 pcs. green olives
1 t. Carmencita paprika powder
1-2 T. olive oil

Boil the tripe, knee cap and Prosciutto ham bones until tender.  Drain and reserve the stock.

Fry the bacon, cut into small pieces and set aside.

Saute the garlic and onions in the bacon fat and olive oil.  Add the chorizo slices, cook until the oil becomes orange.

Add the boiled meat, Knorr beef cube and patis.

Saute over low heat for 5-10 minutes.

Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste.  When it boils slightly, pour in the stock and the cooked bacon.

Let it boil and then lower the heat. Simmer for 30-45 minutes.  Season with paprika.

Add the olives and chick peas, when heated through... add the red pepper. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes more.

Best served with crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment