Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Illusive Sparkol

I can't seem to find my "sparkol" (Sparkle).  

It is the extra oomph or glint in my eyes whenever I think or eat my favorite food, or sometimes, just food in general.

I was talking to Mona last Sunday and told her I have no appetite.  It was such an unsual occurrence.  She suggested I see a doctor! (Insert sarcasm)

My FB friends thought I was really sick because I posted something like this:

I think I'm sick! Mona said I should see a doctor. 
Wala ako gana kumain!
I cooked beef caldereta, pork adobo, ginataang langka with alimasag and adobong pusit. 
I just put them all in the fridge. I even have Raffles Sour cream and cheddar, I don't want to eat it.(But I'm not giving it away, ha?)

That is so not Lia!  The bag of Raffles potato chips has not been touched yet up to now.

What is wrong with me?  I tried dining out....  Trying to find the "sparkol".

PD and I had lunch at Ooma, Rockwell the other day.  They do not have some of our favorites from their Megamall branch, though.

Kani Salad

 

Maki with oysters

 

Soft shell crab tempura

 

Ebi and kani taco maki

 

Chicken teriyaki.

 

I loved their bottomless iced tea but it was not sugar free.  I probably had about 5 glasses of tea.

 

The day before, our lunch date was at Ryu, SM Jazz.

Gyoza

 

Ebi Tempura and Chahan rice.

 

Stir-fried vegetables.

 

After lunch, I had a haircut at Park Jun's in Glorietta then met my Ate at Via Mare, Landmark for a quick snack.

Puto Bumbong

 

Ginumis

 

Yesterday, my "Uber" dates (FGM and Vinnie) and I went to Uptown Mall.  We had lunch at Morganfield's.

 

My order was the Hickory Smoked Barbecue Ribs.

 

The meat was "falling off the bone".

 

The lunch meal came with Soup of the day...

Chicken Gumbo

 

Or house salad.

 

And bottomless soda.

 

Our dessert was Molten Lava Cake.

 

I was in my crazy mode and asked them to take my silly photo!

 

Merienda was at Pink's, Shangrila, Fort.

 

 

I was so excited! When it first opened, I went on the 3rd day only to be disappointed because it was closed.  They ran out of hotdogs!

It brought a bit of a Sparkol to my eyes.

 

My order was the Legend of Hollywood.

 

It was ok.  An ordinary hotdog sandwich cost 280 pesos.  If you are on a budget, Sabrett's would hit the spot just the same.

The franchise was brought in by the owners of Wildflour and Farmacy Ice Cream.

 

Still on the hunt for the illusive sparkol, I met up with Pinky and Dodai at Uptown Mall today!  2 days in a row for me!

We had merienda at Paper Moon Cafe.

 

Pinky had the Matcha Crepe and cappucino.

 

Dodai ordered the Vanilla Crepe and cafe americano.

 

I just ordered the decaf Cafe Mocha.  

 

I was saving space for ramen at Ippudo!

 

Shiromaku Motoaji was what I ordered.

 

After my first sip of the soup, I realized I made a mistake!

The last time I was there, it was served in a red bowl!  I told the waiter about my mistake and asked him if I could just add garlic oil and charge it to my bill.

He did not allow it.  Instead, he replaced it with a serving of Akamaru Shinaji!

 

I was so embarrassed but the waiter assured me I should not be!

Wow! That's what I call, service!

So after eating all of that this week, did I get my sparkol back?

I do not know.  

What I ate was delicious but did it make me happy?  Did it make me ecstatic? Did I jump for joy?

They say, the eyes are the window to the soul.

Look at my eyes and tell me what you see.

My photos in the past told you a different story.

So.... I am still.... Finding Sparkol!






No comments:

Post a Comment