Saturday, May 10, 2014

Ihaw-Ihaw Platter

I prepared an Ihaw-Ihaw Platter for my family today.

Pork Barbecue

PD's special all-fat barbecue.

Salted Grilled Liempo

And....

Remember the prawns I ate at Tita Josie's? I experimented and grilled the shrimps instead of pan-frying.

Barbecued Shrimps

750 g. Big Suahe

6 pcs. Calamansi, juice of

1/4 C. Kikoman soysauce

1/2 C. Butter

1 head garlic, chopped.

Marinate the shrimps in calamansi and kikoman soysauce for 1 hour.

Melt the butter in the pan and brown the garlic. Let it cool completely then pour over the marinated shrimps.

Skewer the shrimps with BBQ sticks.

Grill over hot coals while basting with the marinade.

I also experimented with Sotanghon soup. I used to boil the chicken breast first before sautéing it. But I used a different procedure today. I prefer this kind of Sotanghon soup.

Sotanghon Soup

1/4 C. Cooking oil

Garlic, chopped

Onion, sliced

2-3 liters of water

1 whole chicken breast

Salt

1 tsp. peppercorn

Patis

Sotanghon noodles, soaked and drained.

Spring onions and toasted garlic for garnishing.

Sauté the garlic and onions until soft in a stock pot.

Pour the water and let it boil.

Put the whole chicken breast. When it boils again, lower heat and add the seasonings.

Simmer for an hour.

Remove the chicken breast and flake.

Strain the soup and put it back in the stock pot.

Add the Sotanghon noodles and chicken.

Garnish with spring onions and toasted garlic. (Gilly, my niece, does not like toasted garlic in her soup.)

We also had Green Mango Salad.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment